Irish food and drink organisation Bord Bia recently asked us to help them with establishing market size and value in the foodservice market for beef and provide a list of a 20 key targets.
It was agreed the first section should concentrate on the licensed sector and Catering Butchers.
Licensed sector includes the following channels:
The final report we were asked to produce highlighted the following:
- What is the worth of each channel (estimates on volumes & value)
- Who are the key operators in each of these channels?
- What is the worth of each of these operators (estimates on volume & value)
- Any opportunities/growth with the operator?
- What are the challenges with that operator?
In order to find the top 20 targets DPM undertook the project in the following stages:
- Review research data available via Bord Bia
- Meetings with the client to discuss other information already known
- Undertake comprehensive desk based research on menu analysis, buying and procurement policies
- Prepare initial report to identify the top outlets
- Identify key 20 targets
- Analyse findings and report on key targets and opportunities
Our findings where then compiled into a presentation and a detailed written report for the client to use.
For further information on how DPM can help your business with research projects please contact a member of the team.