https://www.dpm-services.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Pumpkin_4.jpg 647 1000 DPM Marketing https://www.dpm-services.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/DPM_GFF2-300x102.png DPM Marketing2016-10-31 11:36:192016-10-31 16:08:10Halloween Pumpkin Soup
We’ve been creating Halloween Pumpkins but don’t forget pumpkin soup with what’s left
So after you’ve created your scary carved pumpkin lanterns for Halloween night, what to do with the leftover flesh from the pumpkin? Halloween Pumpkin Soup!
Here’s a great recipe to try for Halloween Pumpkin Soup.
- 1kg of pumpkin flesh chunks freshly scooped out of your very scary Halloween lantern
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 700ml of good vegetable stock
- 150ml of single cream
- 2 onions finely chopped
- OK this couldn’t be more straightforward fry the onions in a large saucepan until they’re cooked and translucent.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the pumpkin chunks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil for 15mins or until the pumpkin is soft and cooked through.
- Whilst still on the heat pour in the cream, then blend and season to taste.
- Serve however you want but we like it in mugs with crusty bread, chased up with a beer or a glass of wine obviously…